CHIROPRACTOR IN Concord EXPLAINS STRETCHING
Stretching and Chiropractic Treatment
Chiropractic care from the ChiroCabarrus in Concord typically requires some type of stretching to increase your flexibility and circulation. The great thing about stretching is that you can do it in just about any situation when you have time. Moreover, you do not need any fancy weights or machines to get moving. Lastly, since you are only using your bodyweight, the risk of injury is minimized. Stretching is important in order to keep your muscle tissue primed and ready to tackle the day.
Having an immobile back prevents you from being able to move freely and can make even the simplest task seem impossible. At our chiropractic clinic, we assist you in learning certain stretching techniques that will work in conjunction with our prescribed treatment plan. By stretching, you ensure your body has the best chance of recovering.
In order to benefit the most from your stretching, breathe deeply and try to maintain a zen state of mind. By allowing your body to feel the stretching exercises, you can focus on meeting the required range of motion to maximize your flexibility. This is harder than it sounds, but it’s importance can’t be understated.
It is imperative to heed your chiropractor’s stretching recommendations. If you must miss a stretch here or there, it won’t be disastrous. However, maintaining a routine is key for achieving the best results.
Try These Two Stretches
In order to get a little sneak peek at the therapeutic benefits of stretching, try these two stretches chiropractors in Concord typically recommend. Be sure to consult your chiropractor before starting any exercise regimen.
- Lie on the floor facing up in a sit-up position
- Be sure to keep your feet flat, shoulder-width apart
- Extend your arms towards your hips with palms flat on the floor
- Lift your pelvic region off the floor and maintain the position
- Tighten the gluteus maximus muscles for maximum stretching
- Slowly relax the position and return to the floor
- Repeat 8 times
Hip Flexor Stretch
- Take a knee and put the opposite foot flat on the floor
- Keep your chest raised and keep your palms on your hips
- Push your pelvic region forward as much as possible without experiencing pain
- Keep the pose for half a minute.
- Switch knees and start over.
In order to best experience stretching that complements your chiropractic care, contact ChiroCabarrus in Concord.